The following moving and delivery guidelines have been developed to ensure a safe and efficient move for you and your organization. Following these guidelines will expedite your move and protect the people handling the move as well as your property and the building itself. These guidelines are in no way meant to hamper or restrict your moving process, but rather to safeguard the elements involved in the process. Please let us know how we can best assist you with your move. We would be happy to answer any further questions you may have.
- Notify the, Tenant Services Coordinator at 914-761-1030 or 203-353-4028 as soon and as much in advance as possible as to the date and time of your scheduled move. All moving arrangements must be cleared by the, Tenant Services Coordinator. All moves will be scheduled on a first come first served basis.
- Remember large office moves (4 or more pieces of furniture) may only occur on the weekends or after 6:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday. Small deliveries, (other than furniture) must be prearranged with the Tenant Services Coordinator. These small deliveries are usually permitted from 9:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.; 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m., and after 6:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday and on Weekends.
- All Large deliveries and moves must be supervised by the building engineer. Tenants are responsible for any overtime charges that may incurred. Please schedule these deliveries/moves ahead of time with the tenant services Coordinator.
- All deliveries and moves must be handled through the loading dock and the service elevator. We strongly encourage you to reserve these areas for all large moves and deliveries. Any exceptions to this entry point must be authorized in advance by the Tenant Services Coordinator. If other areas of access are approved, the mover must protect floors and walls with acceptable material to prevent damage.
- The moving contractor must provide a CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE prior to the move. The mover must be bonded and carry a minimum of $1 million dollars combined single limit, property damage and public liability insurance. The Certificate of Insurance should be issued, as follows:
Empire State Realty Trust
300 First Stamford Place
Stamford, CT 06902
Attn: Tenant Services Coordinator
Tenant Services Coordinator
Empire State Realty Trust, Inc.
Empire State Realty OP, L.P.
ESRT 10 BK St., L.L.C.
ESRT Management, L.L.C.
We suggest that you secure a Certificate of Insurance for your firm as well.
- You and your moving contractor will be responsible for any damage to the building incurred during the move. To avoid unnecessary damage:
- Pad or otherwise protect all entrances, doorways, and walls affected by the move.
- Cover all floors traversed during the move with appropriate material
- Your moving contractor must immediately report to the Building Engineer any electrical problems or equipment breakdowns that occur during the move which may affect building operation.
- Our building has a strict “NO SMOKING” policy. Moving crew members are not permitted to smoke in any area of the building.
- The Fire Marshall prohibits the blocking of any fire corridor, exit door, elevator, lobby or hallway. Do not park moving vehicles in marked Fire Lanes.